Tuesday, November 1, 2022

How I became a Published Author!


I did not start, intending to write a book.

In my journey from being a business leader to a facilitator, I realised in our busy corporate life, we are almost every time in the ‘performance zone.’  The stakes are high and expectation is to keep stretching.

To build myself up as a facilitator, I dipped into frameworks, books, experiences, pod-casts etc. to understand why some individuals or some teams perform consistently well, while others do not?

One thing became clear that to perform consistently, one cannot always be in the performance zone. To keep performing consistently, in-between, we need to build our ‘learning zone.’

We all have heard ‘what got you here won’t get you there.’

For some professions, the learning zones are integral part of their professional lives - sports, medicine & surgery, aviation, technology etc. Training is a pre-requisite for them to do their job well.  That is where they learn and practice new skills – whether a sportsperson with a coach, or a pilot on a simulation – they learn in a safe space away from their ‘performance zone.’

But for many, such a training zone is not a well defined one, is not mandatory, and is often random. A few examples which come to mind are managing self, working in teams, managing others, influencing, selling etc. – quite often you are given an initial training, then you are left to learn intuitively.

And then the learning happens random – role models, our experiences and of those around us. These are good but are they enough? How would you know if there are some easier tools out there, some concepts which have power to bring newer ways of getting things done, or stories of people solving similar challenges but in completely different industry or environment?

Some of us can get this by reading books. Books are super helpful in widening our horizon.
But there are many of us who with all good intentions, cannot get themselves to read or finish a book. What about them?

While I was building myself up, I came across some great tools, great stories and my first thought was ‘if I had known this when I was in my performing zone in corporate – I would have done things differently, I would have tried some of this, and I am sure would have got better outcomes.'

I wanted to share these with everyone I could reach out to, but without overwhelming them. I collected them and converted them into a small one-page stories – easy to read, comprehend and reflect upon. Anyone can read a small one-page story, right?

I did not intend to write a book. If these 101 anecdotal stories to break professional rut, has become a book – it is just a co-incidence. You can pick up any story at any page and reflect if it gives you a new idea of approaching your job, in some way. These helped me and I have zero doubt that it will help you to be more.

At INR 225, you can order it by clicking the link below in 1st comment. Happy Reading:

https://www.amazon.in/Chrysalis-Anecdotal-Stories-Break-Professional/dp/9356282064




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please leave your review after you have read the bookЁЯЩП